- through your use of www.noelia.jewelry website
- by interacting with our content and/or services or
- by contacting our Customer Care Team.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Please also refer to our Terms and Conditions.
You must be over 16 to place an order. Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity and Contact Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your account on our website
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, by email, on social media or otherwise
We will collect this information in cases where:
- You register your account on our website;
- When you place an order through our website;
- When you sign up for our marketing emails;
- Contact our Customer Care team;
We will use this information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you;
- To process your order;
- To deliver your order to you;
- To provide Customer Care to you;
- To handle returns;
- To provide you with marketing;
- To take payments and give refunds;
Legal basis for processing:
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Keeping your information:
We will only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for 1 year we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Sharing your information with third parties:
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You will only receive our marketing messages if you agreed to it. We will send you our marketing messages through email or SMS.
If you wish to stop receiving our marketing messages you can do you the following ways:
- By clicking “unsubscribe” in any of our emails;
- By contacting our Customer Care team;
- Through your account.
Once you do one of the above, we will ensure that you do not receive any more marketing messages from us.
Your rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you or change or update the information yourself by logging in to your account on our website;
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances;
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider (ie. Courier/Post services);
- The right to complain to our data protection regulator by emailing to email@example.com (data)
Change of terms and conditions of data processing: